The Road Trip Checklist
The Road Trip Checklist is a must for individuals getting to hit the road. Do you and your family have a vacation coming up soon? Are you driving to your destination rather than flying? If you answered yes, then it is essential to make sure that your vehicle is properly prepared and ready to take that journey with you. Follow these guidelines to help assure you that your road trip will be as safe as possible for you and your passengers.
1. Tires- Make sure they are all properly inflated and aligned, have even ware and unworn tread.
2. Brakes- Check the brake response and feel, and listen for any unusual noises to make sure your vehicle is safe and able to stop regardless the road conditions.
3. Lights- Check the turn signals, headlights, break lights, and all internal lights and make sure that they are properly working.
4. Windshield Wipers- Check for cracks or any separation of the blades from the blade retainer and make sure your blades are soft and easy to work with.
5. Belts- Check the alignment, proper adjustment and for any wear or tear. Auto Repair Lake Station Indiana
6.- Hoses- Make sure there aren’t any leaks, brittleness, or softening anywhere.
7. Air Conditioning- Test the air conditioning to make sure that it is cooling your vehicle efficiently and make sure to check the defrost as well.
8. Fluid and Exhaust Leaks- Make sure to examine around the outside of your vehicle for any sign of fluid leaks that can be anything from gas, engine or transmission fluid, power steering fluid, brake fluid, radiator coolant, windshield washer fluid, etc. Listen and Look for exhaust leaks, and if you have any worry that you may have one make sure to get it looked at by a mechanic immediately because the gas escaping from this kind of leak can be deadly.
9. Oil Change- Make sure that your oil is up to date with your mileage to avoid any potential engine problems.
10. Fluid Levels- Check all fluid levels including brake fluid, power steering fluid, radiator coolant, windshield washer fluid and transmission fluid.
Free Preliminary Inspections
If you want a complete inspection by a professional call Midwest Auto Care before heading out on your road trip. You can go to our website https://www.midwesttransmission.net/auto-repair-lake-station/ or call us at 219-963-0204. Reach out to us and let us know how we can help you.